Identity Scaffolding in ASP.Net Core
Todays Achievements:
- Looked at Asp.Net Identity, Scaffolding and email sending from Identity
- Also found Duende Software, looks good, and I may be able to get it for free
- After looking at several options, I'm happier with Azure AD B2C, as it gives a UI to manage users.
- Authentication and Authorization in ASP.NET Core | Pluralsight by Roland Guijt
- https://4sh.nl/IdentityConfiguration
Why:
- Currently looking at Azure AD B2C and I'm concerned that it will burn me, wanted to look at other options
- Also wanted to look at a local authentication option for simpler apps that don't need a multi client authentication system
Gotcha's
- A SendGrid email I sent from the Auth system was blocked, outlook.com had blocked the ip address.
- Seems that Identity Server does require a separate addin "AdminUI" in order to manage users and this is expensive.
Questions
- More to research about Duende, Identity Server, Azure AD B2C, and maybe even FireBase Auth
- API auth and Blazor Auth
- BFF framework, Backend for Frontend
- There appears to be more scaffolders available at the dotnet command line, need to research these
- Learnt about API gateways, like Ocelot, see ThreeMammals and Securing Microservices in ASP.NET Core | Pluralsight
- Follow Rolands Tutorial
- Duende tutorial at Quickstarts :: Duende IdentityServer Documentation (duendesoftware.com), on the plus side, Duende has great doco and there is a lot to be learnt there.
Comments
Post a Comment